Predicate to use with "compass points"?

John Muccigrosso

Sep 16, 2018, 4:50:24 PM9/16/18
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
I'm trying without success to find an ontology with a predicate along the lines of "has orientation," for use with the AAT compass points concept. TIA.

Vladimir Alexiev

Sep 18, 2018, 12:28:29 PM9/18/18
to jmuc...@gmail.com, Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 11:50 PM John Muccigrosso <jmuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying without success to find an ontology with a predicate along the lines of "has orientation," for use with the AAT compass points concept. TIA.

Vladimir Alexiev, PhD, PMP
Lead, Data and Ontology Management
Ontotext Corp, www.ontotext.com
Email: vladimir...@ontotext.com, skype:valexiev1
Mobile: +359 888 568 132, SMS: 359888...@sms.mtel.net
Calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vladimir...@ontotext.com
Publications: http://vladimiralexiev.github.io/pubs/

John Muccigrosso

Sep 18, 2018, 1:00:08 PM9/18/18
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
On Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 9:28:29 AM UTC-7, Vladimir Alexiev wrote:

Thanks! I didn't know this resource.

open vocab gives this example for their compassDirection:

ov:compassDirection "N"

With the AAT values, could that be:

ov:compassDirection <http://vocab.getty.edu/page/aat/300078761>

 ?

Vladimir Alexiev

Sep 20, 2018, 9:02:50 AM9/20/18
to John Muccigrosso, Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
Yes, I think it's fine to use the same prop for resources and literals, even if the original ontology demands only one of them.