AAT IDs to text

jessica...@gmail.com

May 18, 2021, 6:52:45 PM5/18/21
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
Hi everyone,

I am reconciling Materials/Techniques terms to terms in AAT. However, the system I will uploading the terms and IDs to does not support hyperlinks. I converted the hyperlinks to text before exporting but some of the IDs (a minority) convert oddly.

For instance, the ID for pens (drawing and writing implements) converts to 3.00022452E8. The correct ID is 300022452. I can correct this in OpenRefine, but I'm wondering why this happens to some IDs and not others and if I can avoid it happening in the first place.

Thanks!

Jessica

Vladimir Alexiev

Jul 27, 2022, 4:08:15 AM7/27/22
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
Hi Jessica!
Some software in your work flow interprets this as a decimal number and converts it to scientific notation.
But identifiers should be interpreted as strings (i.e. left alone).

I bet Excel does that in your case. (Pandas has a similar predilection)