Issaquah traffic task force seeking applications

1 view

Jeff Youngstrom

Nov 19, 2015, 9:06:28 PM11/19/15
to GAIT
Hi folks!

It's been a long time since I sent an email. You're getting this because at some point you expressed interest in walking, biking, and bus transportation in Issaquah, probably at an event where GAIT was tabling.

Here's a note from the city about the new Issaquah traffic task force. Application deadline for this is December 1, so act fast if you would like to be considered as a member.

Tackling Traffic: Issaquah's Next Steps

The City of Issaquah’s recent citizen survey results declared that our community's No. 1 issue and source of dissatisfaction is traffic.

In several ways, the City of Issaquah is tackling this issue — both today and for the future. More information is available online.

Moving forward, the City is developing a plan to fund a variety of local transportation improvements. In December, Mayor Fred Butler plans to appoint volunteers to a Traffic Task Force that will study and make recommendations on a package of transportation projects that could potentially go to voters in November 2016. The task force's report will be submitted to the mayor and City Council in mid-2016.

To apply for this task force, we invite you to learn more, and complete an application by Tuesday, Dec. 1.

Thanks for considering this opportunity to guide Issaquah's transportation future.

Jeff

GAIT

Getting Around Issaquah Together