Molding our transit future

Jeff Youngstrom

Nov 19, 2013, 10:59:23 PM11/19/13
to GAIT
Hi GAIT folks,

Imagine you have a dinner date with a friend in downtown Seattle. Imagine you could walk a few blocks, wait five or ten minutes for the next train, then sit back and relax for half an hour before walking another block to the restaurant.

For those of us living out here in Issaquah, this can seem like an impossible work of science fiction, but with sufficient political will it could be a reality.

Sound Transit is currently working on their long-range plan and there are a number of ways you can voice your opinion about the future of transit in our region and in our town.

This Thursday (Nov 21) from 11:30am to 1:30pm there will be an open house at Union Station at 401 S Jackson St in Seattle.

If you can't make it to a mid-day meeting in Seattle, they have an online survey at http://soundtransit.org/LongRangePlan

If the survey doesn't communicate your opinions, you can email comments to LongRa...@soundtransit.org

And if you're feeling physical, you can even put pen (or printer) to paper and send an actual letter through the mail to Sound Transit, Attn: James Irish, 401 S. Jackson St., Seattle, WA 98104

But whatever method you choose, get your comments in by Monday, November 25th.

Thanks for your dedication to mobility in Issaquah!
Jeff Youngstrom