Another couple of bills that need our support

Jeff Youngstrom

Mar 5, 2012, 9:37:06 PM3/5/12
to GAIT
Hi Gang,

Here at the end of the legislative session, things get kind of hectic. Please see the email below for information on two bills in Olympia that would "provide millions of dollars in funding for Washington's Safe Routes to School program, which funds improvements that get more children bicycling and walking to school safely. These bills would also fund the Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety program, which improves locations across the state with some of the highest rates of bicycle and pedestrian traffic fatalities and serious injuries."

The link in the email below will let you express your support for these bills.

BTW, thank you to everyone who responded to my appeal last week. Unfortunately the Safe Neighborhood Speeds bill was not brought to a vote. Hopefully these two bills will reach a better fate!

Thanks for all you do!
Jeff