Cannot use hive query editor after I enabled sentry

simran kaur

Sep 30, 2016, 12:46:50 AM9/30/16
to sentry

My admin user for hue I believe is the default one 'hue' which belongs to default group. I was able to create roles and permissions in hue for sentry tables. But, all I can see there is 'server1'. No databases no tables when I am trying to created roles and permissions to sentry tables. Only server1 is what I get there.

Now I go back to hive query editor. I cannot see any databases or tables. I though trying to execute

grant all on server server1 to role hive;

would help. But  no matter what I try, Hive query editor always throws an error

No databases are available. Permissions could be missing.

I was trying it all with hue user. So, after reading a bit , I created a group hive in hue and then a user hive which I assigned to hive group and made it a super user in 'manage users and groups'.

I expected this to be able to access the databases at least but it does not see any databases either. How do I grant permission to the first user if none of the users can can see databases unless a user is assigned permission to do it?

A snapshot:

David Cramer

Sep 30, 2016, 12:48:16 AM9/30/16
to gets...@googlegroups.com, simran kaur
This is not the the Sentry you are looking for.

Would also be great if people would stop naming things Sentry -.-