Increase on-prem quota

ken....@cloudlock.com

Jul 15, 2016, 10:52:15 AM7/15/16
to sentry
We're seeing a ton of 429 HTTP errors in the Sentry web logs on our on-prem installation. According to this documentation, the HTTP errors indicates the organization is out of quota. In settings -> rate-limits, the UI indicates that we have 1350 events/minute, and anything over will be discarded.

I've tried increasing the quota to 3000, per this documentaion, but the UI does not reflect the config change. Unfortunately, I don't have a great idea of the number of events we're sending from our client instances.

Where does it get the 1350 limit from? Should adding more workers increase the quota?

Our Sentry infrastructure looks like this:

                      Load balancer
                     /                   \
web/celery woker 1     web/celery woker 1
Sentry services (redis, rabbit, postgres)

Our Sentry quota config looks like this:
      SENTRY_QUOTAS = 'sentry.quotas.redis.RedisQuota'
   config.yml:
      system.rate-limit: 3000

David Cramer

Jul 18, 2016, 11:35:49 PM7/18/16
to gets...@googlegroups.com, ken....@cloudlock.com
It’s possible that you’re setting the limit also in the UI. Take a look at “Admin” (under account menu) and the settings on there.