Plugin installation issue in sentry docker image

shobhit singh

Aug 30, 2016, 6:33:40 AM8/30/16
to sentry
Hi,
 I am trying to play with sentry on my localhost using docker image. Issue am facing in installing plugin is that it asks for "pip install <pluginname> ", but I am not able to ssh into the docker image using the security key or user created for sentry.
Can anyone suggest how to find possible ssh username and password? Sentry is working smoothly, but want to check jira integration with the same.

Thanks,
Shobhit

Matt Robenolt

Aug 30, 2016, 6:35:17 AM8/30/16
to gets...@googlegroups.com
You should make sure you're using the `onbuild` variant and add plugins into requirements.txt file. Then rebuild container, and it'll install them. You don't SSH into the container.

--
Matt Robenolt
@mattrobenolt

shobhit singh

Aug 31, 2016, 2:11:44 AM8/31/16
to gets...@googlegroups.com
Okay Thanks Matt.
One more query I have, I am using raven-integration with logback, but is it safe to use that on production? reason if any day sentry service goes down will raven java binding will handle the scenario or will they consume the sockets on the client machine, as it takes time before it will timeout thus incrementally consuming resources?  Is there any way to directly read it from logs?

Thanks,
Shobhit

Regards

Shobhit Singh

Ted Kaemming

Aug 31, 2016, 6:24:11 PM8/31/16
to gets...@googlegroups.com
> I am using raven-integration with logback, but is it safe to use that on production?

Yes.

reason if any day sentry service goes down will raven java binding will handle the scenario or will they consume the sockets on the client machine, as it takes time before it will timeout thus incrementally consuming resources?

The events that are captured during the period when the server is inaccessible will be discarded.

If you're not using the asynchronous transport, the sending thread might be blocked while its locked down (throttled) to attempt to allow the connection to recover. (When using the asynchronous connection, this happens on a separate thread.) This should prevent excessive socket consumption under normal operation.

Is there any way to directly read it from logs?

No.

Ted
--

Ted Kaemming

Infrastructure

shobhit singh

Aug 31, 2016, 9:15:46 PM8/31/16
to gets...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Ted.
We tried logback with our play application, but somehow as we add raven jar play server fails to start giving class cast exception related slfj/logback. Thats why exploring alternative.

--
Regards,
Shobhit

On Sep 1, 2016 3:54 AM, "Ted Kaemming" <t...@getsentry.com> wrote:
> I am using raven-integration with logback, but is it safe to use that on production?

Yes.

reason if any day sentry service goes down will raven java binding will handle the scenario or will they consume the sockets on the client machine, as it takes time before it will timeout thus incrementally consuming resources?

The events that are captured during the period when the server is inaccessible will be discarded.

If you're not using the asynchronous transport, the sending thread might be blocked while its locked down (throttled) to attempt to allow the connection to recover. (When using the asynchronous connection, this happens on a separate thread.) This should prevent excessive socket consumption under normal operation.

Is there any way to directly read it from logs?

No.

Ted

shobhit singh

Sep 1, 2016, 4:53:02 AM9/1/16
to gets...@googlegroups.com
Sentry plugin name that we need to add in requirements.txt is same as repo name of the plugins?

so for this we have to add the plugin repo name in requirements.txt?
here,  in this case: sentry-auth-google ?

What is the right way to add any plugin, since we are using docker on-premise.

Thanks,
Shobhit
--

Regards