PCI / PA-DSS compliant

1 view

mwinkle

Jun 24, 2010, 1:13:17 PM6/24/10
to getpaid-dev
We're using GetPaid with authorize.net for a client, and now their
credit card merchant is saying they need to be PA-DSS compliant.

Has anybody have any information on this?

Thanks so much!

Melody Winkle
Web Collective

Darryl Dixon

Jun 28, 2010, 6:48:20 PM6/28/10
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
I haven't used authorize.net, but basically, if this is an asynchronous processor (eg, the user is sent offsite to an authorize.net page to input their CC details), then PCI-DSS is not a concern for you, as you are not handling the CC transactions yourself. PCI-DSS compliance is one of the main reasons to 'outsource' CC processing to an async processor who handles card details for you. One example of a processor for GetPaid that does this is the getpaid.pxpay plugin, which uses PaymentExpress to handle the CC details (http://www.paymentexpress.com/index.html).

regards,
Darryl Dixon
Winterhouse Consulting Ltd
http://www.winterhouseconsulting.com

--
GetPaid for Plone: http://www.plonegetpaid.com (overview info) | http://code.google.com/p/getpaid (code and issue tracker)

Christopher Johnson

Jun 29, 2010, 12:46:00 PM6/29/10
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
We've got a client that is a payment processing company and they have to achieve the highest level of PCI compliance. They haven't had any issues with GetPaid, as we don't store any cc info.

They also were behind implementing async processing with Authorize.net, in case you are interested to use that for extra assurance.

-c

--
GetPaid for Plone: http://www.plonegetpaid.com (overview info) | http://code.google.com/p/getpaid (code and issue tracker)

Cofounder and CEO
ifPeople - Innovation for People
www.ifpeople.net
t: 678-608-3408
130 Boulevard NE, #6
Atlanta, GA 30312

Melody Winkle

Jul 26, 2010, 3:26:37 PM7/26/10
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
To follow up - the client was satisfied with this information.    I'll let you all know if more happens.   Thanks to those to replied.

Melody Winkle
Web Collective