introspection of getpaid screens

kevin gill

Mar 10, 2011, 3:19:07 PM3/10/11
to getpaid-dev
Hi,

I am just trying out getpaid. To customise the viewlets I have had to
grep the source code and work back from text in templates.

Is there tools that I should be using to introspect the screens?
@@manage-viewlets does not appear to work.

Thanks,

Kevin

Noe Nieto [http://percepcionunitaria.org]]

Mar 18, 2011, 4:55:05 PM3/18/11
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
Do you want to reorder the viewlets? override them?

If they are viewlets, they should be visible on @@manage-viewlets.

Whaen you say that @@manage-viewlets is not working, what do you mean? What is the problem.

---
Noe

2011/3/10 kevin gill <movieext...@gmail.com>

--
GetPaid for Plone: http://www.plonegetpaid.com (overview info) | http://code.google.com/p/getpaid (code and issue tracker)

Noe Nieto
Estudiante de Psicología Holokinética

Diplomados, noticias, libros, artículos,

audios y videos gratuitos :   percepcionunitaria.org

gmail

Mar 22, 2011, 11:28:38 AM3/22/11
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
On 18/03/11 20:55, Noe Nieto [http://percepcionunitaria.org]] wrote:
Do you want to reorder the viewlets? override them?

If they are viewlets, they should be visible on @@manage-viewlets.

Whaen you say that @@manage-viewlets is not working, what do you mean? What is the problem.

Hi,

I am currently looking at pcommerce instead of getpaid.

However, to clarify the original post.

To customise the getpaid screens, I need to know what the (source code) components that make up the screens are.

For example, I needed to customise the following...

    Products.PloneGetPaid.browser.checkout.CheckoutReviewAndPay
    Products.PloneGetPaid.browser.checkout.CheckoutAddress

So that I can use Irish format addresses and hide the shipping addresses.

I am interesting in locating the source behind the screens and I wanted to know if there was a tool, like @@manage-viewlets that showed me the views/viewlets that need to be / can be customised. (I used grep in the end).
Here 'getpaid' is the name of my test site. I use this link...

     http://localhost:8080/getpaid2/@@getpaid-checkout-wizard/@@manage-viewlets

gives the error below. I provide this for follow up information only. Please do not spend time on this on my account.

Kevin

2011-03-22 15:22:00 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog 1300807320.520.183163760785 http://localhost:8080/getpaid2/@@getpaid-checkout-wizard/@@manage-viewlets
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.PDBDebugMode.runcall, line 70, in pdb_runcall
  Module plone.app.viewletmanager.manager, line 254, in __call__
  Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 126, in __call__
  Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 60, in __call__
  Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 113, in pt_render
   - Warning: Macro expansion failed
   - Warning: <class 'zope.location.interfaces.LocationError'>: (<Products.Five.metaclass.CheckoutWizard object at 0x8d95550>, 'main_template')
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 867, in do_useMacro
  Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
   - Line 1, Column 0
   - Expression: <PathExpr standard:u'here/main_template/macros/master'>
   - Names:
      {'args': (),
       'container': <Products.Five.metaclass.CheckoutWizard object at 0x8d95550>,
       'context': <Products.Five.metaclass.CheckoutWizard object at 0x8d95550>,
       'default': <object object at 0x7fbd6bdd9ae0>,
       'here': <Products.Five.metaclass.CheckoutWizard object at 0x8d95550>,
       'loop': {},
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {},
       'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object at 0x71ac8e8>,
       'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://localhost:8080/getpaid2/@@getpaid-checkout-wizard/@@manage-viewlets>,
       'root': <Application at >,
       'template': <Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile object at 0x66771d0>,
       'traverse_subpath': [],
       'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>,
       'view': <Products.Five.metaclass.SimpleViewClass from /srv/zope/hosting/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.viewletmanager-2.0.1-py2.6.egg/plone/app/viewletmanager/manage-viewlets.pt object at 0x8d95690>,
       'views': <Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewMapper object at 0x8db0350>}
  Module zope.tales.expressions, line 217, in __call__
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 149, in _eval
  Module zope.tales.expressions, line 124, in _eval
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 99, in trustedBoboAwareZopeTraverse
  Module zope.traversing.adapters, line 139, in traversePathElement
   - __traceback_info__: (<Products.Five.metaclass.CheckoutWizard object at 0x8d95550>, 'main_template')
  Module zope.traversing.adapters, line 53, in traverse
   - __traceback_info__: (<Products.Five.metaclass.CheckoutWizard object at 0x8d95550>, 'main_template', ['master', 'macros'])
LocationError: (<Products.Five.metaclass.CheckoutWizard object at 0x8d95550>, 'main_template')
> /srv/zope/hosting/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/zope.traversing-3.7.1-py2.6.egg/zope/traversing/adapters.py(53)traverse()
-> raise LocationError(subject, name)

Noe Nieto [http://percepcionunitaria.org]]

Mar 22, 2011, 2:08:40 PM3/22/11
to getpa...@googlegroups.com

2011/3/22 gmail <movieext...@gmail.com>

On 18/03/11 20:55, Noe Nieto [http://percepcionunitaria.org]] wrote:
Do you want to reorder the viewlets? override them?

If they are viewlets, they should be visible on @@manage-viewlets.

Whaen you say that @@manage-viewlets is not working, what do you mean? What is the problem.

Hi,

I am currently looking at pcommerce instead of getpaid.

However, to clarify the original post.

To customise the getpaid screens, I need to know what the (source code) components that make up the screens are.

For example, I needed to customise the following...

    Products.PloneGetPaid.browser.checkout.CheckoutReviewAndPay
    Products.PloneGetPaid.browser.checkout.CheckoutAddress

There are two tools that come to my mind.

DofinderTab (Never used it, but some plone books recommend it).

http://plone.org/products/docfindertab

Ommelete:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.recipe.omelette

This goes at buildout level. It makes a folder (in parts/ommelet) with a directory tree that mirrors the plone namespace. This is very helpful to navigate throught the namespace and hopefully you'll be able to find the package more easily and find "the source behind the scenes", as you said.

So that I can use Irish format addresses and hide the shipping addresses.

I am interesting in locating the source behind the screens and I wanted to know if there was a tool, like @@manage-viewlets that showed me the views/viewlets that need to be / can be customised. (I used grep in the end).

@@manage-viewlets is only a helper dialog to rearrange, show or hide plone viewlets. Viewlets are chunks of HTML that serves a particular purpose.

Maybe what you want to do is to override some browser views.

I recommend you to read through this two resources in order to find out how to override some templates or browser views.

http://collective-docs.plone.org/
http://plone.org/documentation/manual/plone-community-developer-documentation
http://plone.org/documentation/manual/developer-manual

This error is because @@manage-viewlets is meant to be used on the root plone object: