status of GetPaid on Plone 4

David Glick

Mar 25, 2010, 12:53:01 AM3/25/10
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
Over the past week I've done some work on getting GetPaid to work on
Plone 4. (Thanks to Taito Horiuchi who started the branches I've been
working on, and Alberto Berti who has also been contributing to the
work.) After about a day's worth of work the core packages
(getpaid.core, Products.PloneGetPaid, getpaid.wizard, and
getpaid.nullpayment) have tests passing on Plone 3 and Plone 4, and are
working pretty well!

Now we're at the point where we need some assistance from the
community...there's no way any one person can adequately test and update
all the GetPaid add-ons out there. So please take some time to test the
work that is already done as well as the add-ons that matter to you, and
make sure that they work on Plone 4 in addition to Plone 3. The
development buildout has a 4.0b1.cfg buildout configuration which uses
the appropriate branches. Feel free to ask questions if you're unsure
about how to fix problems that you encounter -- it may be something
we've already run across and know how to solve.

Once I've heard some reports of other people having success on Plone 4,
I can merge the branches back to trunk and start to get ready for a new
set of releases. We'll also need some work done on the recipe, so that
it installs the right versions of dependencies based on the Plone
version (for instance, we need five.intid <= 0.4.3 for Plone 3, but
0.5.0 for Plone 4).

Note that I also removed various pieces of backwards compatibility code
that were there for Zope 2.9/Plone 2.5. I figured this was okay since
we already have not been supporting Plone 2.5 for several releases. We
definitely want to keep Plone 3 compatibility for now, though.

cheers,
David

sunew

Mar 25, 2010, 10:24:28 AM3/25/10
to getpaid-dev
This is really good news! Thanks for all the great work.

I'm currently developing a new payment provider, and I'll test this as
soon as possible - it might take a little while though (some days),
because of a tight deadline.

If you need some help in general let me know. I already have a list of
tickets I would like to fix when I have the time (mostly i18n-
related).

Small fixes committed to trunk will be okay I guess, if the plone4
branch is later merged with trunk?

Sune W.

Christopher Johnson

Mar 25, 2010, 2:58:56 PM3/25/10
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
Hi David - this is great new! Thanks for the work on this.

We've done some testing and now that we know about your branch can try some more starting next week hopefully. We'll try to get through a couple add ons and report back.

Cheers,
Chris

--
GetPaid for Plone: http://www.plonegetpaid.com (overview info) | http://code.google.com/p/getpaid (code and issue tracker)

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to getpaid-dev+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
Cofounder and CEO
ifPeople - Innovation for People

danielle davout

Mar 26, 2010, 4:03:08 AM3/26/10
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
As an exercise I' ve started some work and ended with a working
instance with Plone 4.0b1. I"ve have still difficulties with some
functionnal tests though.
I did not think I woud be persevering and in order to make the task
easier I did not care of the Plone 3 compatibility .... so I'm not
sure my work as any value as such.

danielle davout

Aug 28, 2010, 7:11:45 PM8/28/10
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
pin to Products.PloneTestCase to version 0.9.10 solves the issue of
VocabularyRegistryError: unknown vocabulary getpaid.countries;
getpaid.states, and other
File "/home/dan/Plones/405encours/buildout-cache/eggs/zope.schema-3.6.4-py2.6.egg/zope/schema/vocabulary.py",
line 163, in get
raise VocabularyRegistryError(name)
VocabularyRegistryError: unknown vocabulary: 'plone.content_types'

(Martijn Pieters
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/replies-with-plone-app-discussion-breaks-editing-in-Plone-4b5-td5309126.html)

rafael

Aug 29, 2010, 10:26:34 AM8/29/10
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Following the instructions for getapid in plone 4, I successfully
installed it in Plone 4.0b4 ... I have not tested everything yet. I plan
to do t soon and I will write latter about it.

danielle davout

Aug 29, 2010, 11:54:00 AM8/29/10
to getpa...@googlegroups.com
with Plone 4.0rc1 I have no more failure or error