Start the year with the SSC!

SSC UCSD

Sep 29, 2010, 10:24:48 PM9/29/10
to getinvolvedsus...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your interest in the Student Sustainability Collective. We value your dedication to environmental and social justice issues and we are looking forward to working with you!

The Student Sustainability Collective (SSC) is an initiative created, funded and run by students to amplify an ever-growing movement of social and environmental sustainability at UCSD and in the greater community. The Sustainability Resource Center (next to Price Center Theater) houses the SSC as well as Campus Sustainability staff and is a valuable resource for all students, staff, faculty, and community members. Feel free to stop by to get more information, do some homework or pick up a good book!

The SSC works for, and in conjunction with, the students, staff and faculty of UCSD to create a unified, powerful influence on current environmental and social responsibility issues. Through education and creative methods of action, we work to ensure that environmental, social and economic rights are guaranteed for ourselves and future generations.

The SSC has designed a system of seven categories of sustainability inspired by the United Nation’s Division for Sustainable Development: Civil and Human Rights, Corporate Accountability, Energy and Waste, Food, Urban Development and Transportation, Water, and Public Health. While we delineate categories to help focus our campaigns and events, we put equal emphasis on the intersectionality between categories, recognizing sustainability as a multifaceted global issue requiring a comprehensive approach.

Are you interested in interning with the SSC? We encourage you to choose the category you are most passionate about and intern with us! For more information, check out the Who We Are section on our website to contact the category Directors directly: http://sustainabilityresourcecenter.ucsd.edu/about/who-we-are/

We look forward to seeing you soon!

The SSC Team