Welcome Back! Get involved in sustainability!

1 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

SSC UCSD

nepřečteno,
8. 1. 2010 21:26:0508.01.10
komu: getinvolvedsus...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

We hope your winter breaks all went well and you had a wonderful first week of the quarter.  Here are some upcoming sustainability events and opportunities.

Newsletter Outline
I. Sustainability Shindig!
II. TGIF Grant Application Due Date
III. Paid Internship Opportunity

I. Announcing the Sustainability Shindig!

Want to learn about:
biofuels?
slow food?
human rights?

Join us in the Multi Purpose Room
Wednesday, January 13th
7:00pm-9:00pm

Meet student leaders, discuss sustainability issues, learn something new, meet students interested in the same issues, get instantly connected.  Sound good?  We think so too.

II. TGIF Grant Application is Due March 12th.

Do you have a project you want to see happen?  Do you wish you had the money to make a big change at UCSD.  Let The Green Initiative Fund turn your projects into reality.  Any sustainable project can apply for funding through the TGIF!

For more information about The Green Initiative Fund check out our website: http://greenfund.ucsd.edu or email Lizzie Caldwell at lizzieb...@gmail.com.

III. Water Quality Mentors Program

Seeking six mentors with a background in environmental/ life science or education to mentor 9thgraders in water sampling activities in March/April  2010.  A 2-day (12-hour) water quality training will be provided.  Mentors will be expected to participate in all training and sampling activities, teach sampling techniques, explain the science involved in the testing process and assist in the biological analysis (invertebrate subsampling and sorting).

Experience in macro-invertebrate identification highly beneficial.  Stipend $325.  Program manager will also provide letters of recommendation upon completion.

Schedule:

Activities DateTimes
Water Quality TrainingFeb. 5, 6, 19, 20 (2 of these days TBD) 8:30am – 3:00pm
Sampling dates March 258:30a – 2:30p
 April 1 10 am – 2:00pm
Sorting dates March 30,31,
 April 2, 13

Interested candidates:  please provide a brief paragraph of pertinent background information, relevant education or experiences and reason for participation.  Please provide a telephone contact and times you can be reached the week of January 11-15.  Send all information to both contacts: Isabelle Kay atik...@ucsd.edu or Merle O’Neill at merl...@aol.com.  For further questions please call Merle O’Neill at 760-505-9649

Deadline for applications:  Noon, Monday January 11.  Phone interviews will be conducted during that week, and selections made by January 15.

Happy First Week and feel free to contact us at the SSC for more information about how you can get involved in sustainability on campus.  We hope to see you all on Wednesday!!

The Student Sustainability Collective

ssc...@gmail.com

sscucsd.com

Odpovědět všem