Animated Banner on Home Page

Stephen Harrison

Oct 17, 2009, 7:10:30 AM10/17/09
to gethe.me
Hi,

I'm working on a site for my scout group and while searching the web
for inspiration on layouts I came across your site with the animated
banner on the front page. I'd love to have a similar banner or
changing photograph on the front page of my website. Could you talk me
through how you did it please? Our site is www.3rdwashingtonscouts.org.uk

Many thanks

Stephen

avaireka

Oct 21, 2009, 7:09:31 PM10/21/09
to gethe.me
Hi Stephen,

Great looking site you have there.

We are currently in the process of writing a walkthough of the
processes used to create the home page. So stay tuned.

In the meantime a simple solution could be to include an animated gif
or flash swf to loop through images that you want to show in the
header.

Hope this helps for now.
Thanks,
Abel.

On 18 Oct, 00:10, Stephen Harrison <stephengharri...@googlemail.com>

Stephen Harrison

Oct 31, 2009, 5:54:39 PM10/31/09
to gethe.me
Hi Abel,

I appreciate the help, but I have not been able to recreate anything
to the standard of your banner.

I couldn't get the animated gif to animate and I got an awful border
around the flash file.

I look forward to your guide on how you create your page.

Stephen