Monitor on Other user who is accessing the web

tony

May 6, 2016, 12:25:18 PM5/6/16
to GetGlimpse-dev
Hi,

Does Glimpse able to monitor other people we using the website
For example:
A actual website has glimpse install, but only admins can access it.
If other role such as Buyer, Shopper, etc, access the web from other computer and don't have glimpse on, does their activate being log by "Admin"'s glimpse?

Thank you.
Tony

Madhurima Yasaswini Kandadai

May 12, 2016, 3:13:13 AM5/12/16
to GetGlimpse-dev
Hi,

You can change this in glimpse security policy.

tony

May 12, 2016, 12:53:30 PM5/12/16
to GetGlimpse-dev
Hi Madhurima,

I have read the Glimpse Doc about this topic, but I only able to see my usage and call I request it from local. How can I show other user's usage info in my Glimpse window?

Does the other user need to turn Glimpse on as well?

Doc info: http://getglimpse.com/Docs/History-Tab

in Web.config

    <glimpse defaultRuntimePolicy="On" endpointBaseUri="~/Debug.axd">
    <inspectors>
    <ignoredTypes>
      <add type="Glimpse.Mvc.Inspector.DependencyInjectionInspector, Glimpse.Mvc4" />
    </ignoredTypes>
  </inspectors>
      <runtimePolicies>
      <ignoredTypes>
        <add type="Glimpse.AspNet.Policy.LocalPolicy, Glimpse.AspNet"/>
      </ignoredTypes>
    </runtimePolicies>
      <!--
          For more information on how to configure Glimpse, please visit http://getglimpse.com/Help/Configuration
          or access {your site}/Glimpse.axd for even more details and a Configuration Tool to support you.
      -->
    </glimpse>
    <location path="Debug.axd">
    <system.web>
      <authorization>
        <allow roles="Admin"/>
        <deny users="*"/>
      </authorization>
    </system.web>
  </location>

in Custom "GlimpseSecurityPolicy.cs"

    public RuntimePolicy Execute(IRuntimePolicyContext policyContext)
    {
        return RuntimePolicy.On;
    }
    public RuntimeEvent ExecuteOn
    {
        // The RuntimeEvent.ExecuteResource is only needed in case you create a security policy
        // Have a look at http://blog.getglimpse.com/2013/12/09/protect-glimpse-axd-with-your-custom-runtime-policy/ for more details
        //RuntimeEvent.EndRequest |
        get { return RuntimeEvent.EndRequest | RuntimeEvent.ExecuteResource; }
    }

Thank you.

tony

May 18, 2016, 9:06:52 PM5/18/16
to GetGlimpse-dev
Is there possible way to ignore specific "Request URL"?

tony

May 24, 2016, 12:27:55 PM5/24/16
to GetGlimpse-dev
Does Glimpse send information back to Glimpse Developer?

Madhurima Yasaswini Kandadai

May 24, 2016, 10:39:12 PM5/24/16
to GetGlimpse-dev
Hi Tony,
You need to change this in the GlimpeSecurityPolicy.cs

Depending on the user role the Execute method should be changed.
Add an if condition in that method.

Madhurima Yasaswini Kandadai

May 24, 2016, 10:41:17 PM5/24/16
to GetGlimpse-dev
// if (!context.User.IsInRole("Administrator"))
// {
// return RuntimePolicy.Off;
// }