Is there a properties file size limit?

Dale Robinson

Jul 26, 2020, 8:38:00 PM7/26/20
to getgauge
Hey,

I have been using gauge for some time now and it has been going great.

I have recently hit an issue when adding an extra property into a default.properties file where the file ceases to be read in.

Is there a hard limit on the size of the default.propeties file? or a limitation on how many properties can be set?

Thanks
Dale Robinson

Vinay Shukla

Jul 27, 2020, 12:20:04 AM7/27/20
to getgauge
Hi

Gauge does not set any limit to file size explicitly.
Could you please tell more about the error you are facing? How huge your prop[erties files are?

Regards
Vinay

Dale Robinson

Jul 27, 2020, 2:12:44 AM7/27/20
to getgauge
Hey Vinay

A few details to add:

- Running the c# version
- gauge version: gauge-1.0.6-linux.x86_64

When working:
- size:20Kb
- number of properties: 79

When not working:
- size: 21Kb
- number of properties: 80

- Running on buildkite that is generating a docker image with the tests that get triggered separately.

The main reason why I am asking this question, is that there was a commit that added a property which caused all tests using that property file to fail. Whereas there was the same tests running with a seperate properties file passed correctly.
I couldn't generate an exact error from either the docker image, the build or when it was running. I just noticed that everything had to do with the properties file.
The problematic property file was then extracted out into two seperate files which work correctly for now.

Sorry that I don't have any exact error logs.

Thanks
Dale Robinson

Vinay Shukla

Jul 27, 2020, 6:17:00 AM7/27/20
to getgauge
Hi Del

I don't see any error with the given parameters. I extended the default property file to have more than 100 props, and the size was more than 40k.
Without an actual error, it would be hard for us, to know the cause.

Thanks
Vinay