Is the project dead?

Luke Daley

Mar 25, 2014, 9:30:59 PM3/25/14
to getba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I’ve started using Barkeep for a project and am enjoying it. Great work.

I noticed that there has been no commit activity in about 6 months. Are there plans to continue development? Or should it be considered abandoned?

Thanks,

LD.

Phil Crosby

Mar 26, 2014, 12:50:49 AM3/26/14
to getba...@googlegroups.com
Hey Luke, it's in very active use -- we use it every day, and it's very stable for the use case we built it for.

That said, there are plenty of extended use cases that aren't fleshed out which need to be worked on. Typically the core team will get together to begin work on the next release of Barkeep and work on focus on it for a concentrated period. That's when we'll likely merge in the open pull requests and resolve some of the popular tickets.

Luke Daley

Mar 26, 2014, 1:02:40 AM3/26/14
to getba...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks for the update. That makes me feel better about using it.

—

Luke Daley
Gradleware
Join us for Gradle Summit 2014, June 12th and 13th in Santa Clara, CA: http://www.gradlesummit.com