Authentication Issues

Kevin Yochum

Jun 12, 2014, 2:55:12 PM6/12/14
to getba...@googlegroups.com
Issue #494 was reported on May 28 - about two weeks ago.  Is anyone looking at the Google OpenID authentication issue? Is there an alternative or work-around?

I would like to try Barkeep, but without being able to log in, that can't happen. I assume that Barkeep is still being used. How if Google no longer supports OpenId?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

for...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2014, 5:03:33 PM7/1/14
to getba...@googlegroups.com, yoc...@actionsystems.com
I'm in the same situation. It looks really promising, and I've managed to sort out the other issues to the point that it seems to be running correctly on the server, but I've pretty much hit a brick wall with the OpenID provider, as there no longer seem to be any sites supporting OpenID, and all related server software projects seem to be abandoned since the late 2000s.
Basically, it seems as if OpenID is universally considered deprecated.

Is work being done to support an alternative method of authentication?
Message has been deleted

Jürgen Kindler

Jul 10, 2014, 11:53:28 PM7/10/14
to getba...@googlegroups.com, yoc...@actionsystems.com
Just my thoughts for now:
- It would be great, if we could authenticate via Github. Actually, I assume, must barkeep users will be as well Github users.
- as Google OpenID is dead, I decided to try setting up my own local OpenID server ( https://code.google.com/p/openid-server/ ) for my current experiments ask people to register there.