From: Doug Treadwell <therealepi...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Subject: Temperature Data
To: diybio <diy...@googlegroups.com>

Does anyone know where I can get a digital format of temperature data
for almost all US cities over the last couple of years at least?  In
particular I'd like daily highs and lows for every day for a couple of
years.  The stuff from the government is only one month at a time and
it doesn't always the information I need or has not enough cities.
Maybe someone here knows of an alternative source.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507

Jason Morton

未讀,
2010年11月13日 晚上8:06:542010/11/13
收件者:get-t...@googlegroups.com
How about
http://aws.amazon.com/datasets/2759

Daily Global Weather Measurements, 1929-2009
A collection of daily weather measurements (temperature, wind speed,
humidity, pressure, &c.) from 9000+ weather stations around the world.

> --

Josh Tauberer

未讀,
2010年11月13日 晚上8:13:582010/11/13
收件者:get-t...@googlegroups.com、Bryan Bishop
What have you looked at so far?

I've gotten historical daily data from here:
http://www7.ncdc.noaa.gov/CDO/cdoselect.cmd?datasetabbv=GSOD

See the README and get_airport_weather.py files here:
http://code.google.com/p/flyontime/source/browse/trunk/analysis/

- Josh Tauberer
- CivicImpulse / GovTrack.us

House as props."

Jeffery

未讀,
2010年11月14日 清晨5:37:162010/11/14
收件者:get-t...@googlegroups.com、Bryan bishop
I once have seen a temporal dataset, including daily temperature on a website. Regret that I don't reserve the direct link right now?

Maybe you can have a try there. http://forums.flowingdata.com/

Good luck Lad

Rufus Pollock

未讀,
2010年11月14日 清晨6:45:302010/11/14
收件者:get-t...@googlegroups.com、Bryan bishop
<http://ckan.net/package/search?q=temperature>

Yielding, for example:

<http://ckan.net/package/ghcn>

Monthly climate data for thousands of worldwide weather stations. Data
are available for each station and also gridded (onto 5x5 degree
cells).

The Global Historical Climatology Network (GHCN-Monthly) data base
contains historical temperature, precipitation, and pressure data for
thousands of land stations worldwide. The period of record varies from
station to station, with several thousand extending back to 1950 and
several hundred being updated monthly via CLIMAT reports. The data are
available without charge through NCDC’s anonymous FTP service.

Also see:

<http://ckan.net/package/uk-metoffice-lscrs>
<http://ckan.net/package/crutem3>

Rufus