Revealing "Smoking guns" as "Prosecutor's Colt 45", and more, for violations of State FOI Laws

Dwight Hines

Nov 11, 2011, 4:21:08 PM11/11/11
to State and Local Freedom of Information Issues
Per our discussion last week about federal jurisdiction appropriate in some situations for state FOI violations,

Attached is a Petition to The Honorable William J. Schneider, Attorney General of Maine to impanel and charge a Grand Jury with limited purposes for a limited time period to investigate and report on violations of a limited number of laws by a limited number of practices that have and are causing real measurable harms to current Maine citizens and businesses, as well as potential Maine businesses.

The attached petition, which is evidence-based (ultimate fact) specific, is based upon generally accepted scientific procedures -- including the Daubert and progeny rulings --
and recent empirical legal studies on robust logic and causal analyses, is not the most exciting pieces of well-chiseled prose, but it provides more than a few alternate constitutional and statutory paths to improving FOIA  practices and policies.

If you're in Maine and want to get involved in the petition, please contact me.

Dwight E. Hines
IndyMedia
IndyMedia

++FinalGrandJuryUltraViresMMAetcHelmsdorfhirsdhmcn-11-7-11.pdf