Fwd: Welcome to 5th Chalearn Face Anti-spoofing Workshop and Challenge@CVPR2024

Hugo Jair Escalante

Mar 10, 2024, 3:20:09 PMMar 10
to gesturec...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: 刘阿建 <ajia...@ia.ac.cn>
Date: sáb, 9 mar 2024 a la(s) 10:20 p.m.
Subject: Welcome to 5th Chalearn Face Anti-spoofing Workshop and Challenge@CVPR2024

Dear Colleagues,

(Please disseminate this email, thanks very  much. We sincerely apologize if you have received emails multiple times)

Call for participation

Chalearn Looking at People series

                                                                                        5th Chalearn Face Anti-spoofing Workshop and Challenge@CVPR2024

In recent years the security of face recognition systems has been increasingly threatened. Face Anti-spoofing (FAS) is essential to secure face recognition systems primarily from various attacks. In order to attract researchers and push forward the state of the art in Face Presentation Attack Detection (PAD), we organized four editions of Face Anti-spoofing Workshop and Competition at CVPR 2019, CVPR 2020, ICCV 2021, and CVPR 2023, which together have attracted more than 1200 teams from academia and industry, and greatly promoted the algorithms to overcome many challenging problems. In addition to physical presentation attacks (PAs), such as printing, replay, and 3D mask attacks, digital face forgery attacks (FAs) are still a threat that seriously endangers the security of face recognition systems. FAs aim to attack faces using digital editing at the pixel level, such as identity transformation, facial expression transformation, attribute editing, and facial synthesis. At present, detection algorithms for these two types of attacks, ``Face Anti-spoofing (FAS)" and ``Deep Fake/Forgery Detection (DeepFake)", are still being studied as independent computer vision tasks, and cannot achieve the functionality of a unified detection model to respond to both types of attacks simultaneously. To give continuity to our efforts in these relevant problems, we are proposing the 5th Face Anti-Spoofing Workshop@CVPR 2024. We analyze different types of attack clues as the main reason for the incompatibility between these two detection. The spoofing clues based on physical presentation attacks are usually caused by color distortion, screen moire patterns, and production traces. In contrast, the forgery clues based on digital editing attacks are usually changes in pixel values. The fifth competition aims to encourage the exploration of common characteristics in these two types of attack clues and promote the research of unified detection algorithms. Fully considering the above difficulties and challenges, we collect a Unified physical-digital Attack dataset, namely UniAttackData, for this fifth edition for algorithm design and competition promotion, including 1,800 participations with 2 and 12 physical and digital attacks, respectively, with a total of 29,706 videos. For more information about the UniAttackData dataset

Challenge website (Track 1: Unified Physical-Digital Face Attack Detection): https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/competitions/17490

Challenge website (Track 2: Snapshot Spectral Imaging Face Anti-spoofing): https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/competitions/17908

Workshop website: https://sites.google.com/view/face-anti-spoofing-challenge/welcome/challengecvpr2023

Workshop Paper Submission Link:  https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/FAS2024/Submission/Index

UniAttackData paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2401.17699

Participants obtaining the best results will be invited to submit a paper to associated workshop. There will be prizes and travel grants based on availability from our sponsors.

We are accepting submissions for revision up to 8 pages (same formatting instructions as CVPR). CMT submissions will be reviewed by at least 2 members of PC committee.

******************************

Important competition Dates:

  • 1 February, 2024: Beginning of the quantitative competition, the release of development, and validation data (training set with true labels, validation set without true labels).
  • 22 February, 2024: Release of encrypted final evaluation data (test data without true labels, release the true labels of validation set).
  • 23 February, 2024: Release of final evaluation data decryption key. Participants start predicting the results on the final evaluation data.
  • 3 March, 2024: End of the quantitative competition. Deadline for submitting the predictions over the final evaluation data. The organizers start the code verification by running it on the final evaluation data. Deadline for code submission.
  • 6 March, 2024: Deadline for submitting fact sheets.
  • 13 March, 2024: Release of the verification results to the participants for review. Participants are invited to follow the paper submission guide for submitting contest papers.workshop paper submission link:  https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/FAS2024/Submission/Index
  • 3 April, 2024: Paper submission deadline for submitting their CVPRW paper.
  • 11 April, 2024: Notification of paper acceptance.
  • 14 April, 2024: Last day for workshop camera-ready submission.
  • 18 June, 2024: Workshop@CVPR 2024, challenge results, award ceremony.

The specific schedule is pending. We will update the specific schedule of our challenge and workshop later.

best wishes,

Organizing Team