[Gfs-users] Examples Error

giacomo noya via Gfs-users

Oct 20, 2020, 8:43:59 AM10/20/20
to gfs-...@lists.sourceforge.net, giacomo noya
Hello, I'm trying to run the bubble.gfs example code using gerris virtual machine, but I keep getting the following errors:
gerris: file `bubble.gfs' is not a valid simulation file
bubble.gfs:79:12: cannot load module: /usr/lib/gerris/libhypre2D.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gerris: file `-' is not a valid simulation file
-:21926544:0: expecting an integer (number of nodes)
I tried to run other examples in the library and they didn't have any issue.
How can I fix this?

Stephane Zaleski

Oct 20, 2020, 12:12:05 PM10/20/20
to GFS users discussion list
Dear Giacomo

  The error message

cannot load module: /usr/lib/gerris/libhypre2D.so:

  means that you have not installed hypre. Hypre is not necessary IMHO, just remove the call to it.

  Best regards

Stéphane

giacomo noya via Gfs-users

Oct 20, 2020, 3:27:46 PM10/20/20
to GFS users discussion list, giacomo noya
Ok thank you professor, the code is finally running.
Good evening,
Giacomo Noya

giacomo noya via Gfs-users

Oct 21, 2020, 3:47:15 PM10/21/20
to GFS users discussion list, giacomo noya
Good evening, I ran the code, but was extremely slow and I had to shut it ( after 24 hrs was at 1/5 of the simulation). Is it possible the the virtual machine has not enough memory to work ?
Best regards,
Giacomo Noya

Stéphane Zaleski

Oct 21, 2020, 5:07:19 PM10/21/20
to GFS users discussion list
Dear Giacomo

I assume you did not install hypre and run the case without it ? Perhaps the case would run faster with hypre.

Best regards

Stephane

giacomo noya via Gfs-users

Oct 21, 2020, 5:15:14 PM10/21/20
to GFS users discussion list, giacomo noya
Yes exactly, I will install and try again, thank you very much

giacomo noya via Gfs-users

Oct 25, 2020, 11:07:23 AM10/25/20
to GFS users discussion list, giacomo noya
Good afternoon, I keep on getting error every time I try to run a command as administrator in the shell:
gerris is not in the sudoers file. this incident will be reported.
How can I solve this issue?
Thank you very much,
GN

Stephane Zaleski

Oct 26, 2020, 6:51:43 AM10/26/20
to GFS users discussion list
Dear Giacomo,

  I do not understand why you have su'ed or which command you are running. Are you trying to install Hypre ? No need to be sudoer for that,

  Best

Stéphane

giacomo noya via Gfs-users

Oct 27, 2020, 6:27:20 AM10/27/20
to GFS users discussion list, giacomo noya
Yes I'm trying to install it, but the browser search is not working through the VM to install the file .exe, and I've also problems sending the executable from my OS to the Virtual Machine ( I can't create a shared folder), so I was trying to install HYpre directly from the shell, but also that seems to be not possible. I'm sorry but I'm really trying a lot to make it work.
Thank you very much for your attention,
Giacomo