[Gfs-users] Gerris: Problems on boundary conditions

CHIO, Chung Chi

Sep 19, 2019, 3:59:13 AM9/19/19
to gfs-...@lists.sourceforge.net

Dear all,

We would like to calculate the flow around a solid sphere using GfsAxi and are concerned about the boundary conditions at the sphere’s surface. We would like to apply Dirichlet BCs at the sphere's surface, but we are only successful when U,V = 0. When the values are not zero, SurfaceBc is not able to maintain the boundary conditions.

Explicitly,

SurfaceBc U Dirichlet 0.87

SurfaceBc V Dirichlet 0

and

BcDirichlet U = 0, BcDirichlet V = 0 on the left and right boundaries of the simulation box.

The boundary conditions are not satisfied (we can see the yellows).

For our analysis, we need the fields and their derivatives at the sphere’s surface, so we want to know if there is a better way to do it.

Also, will Basilisk do a better job for this problem?

Regards,

Chi

U-field.png