[Gfs-users] gcc-8 oddness

J.J. Green

Aug 19, 2019, 4:34:28 PM8/19/19
to GFS users discussion list
Hi all,

I've had some code which reads GFS files running
for years, it runs a gfs_domain_cell_traverse()
to inspect the cells and then does a gfs_interpolate
to populate a uniform grid. I have some tests for
this, and those are run on GitLab CI periodically,
and a couple of weeks ago started failing, seemingly
due to a version bump for gcc, from 7 to 8. I'm
seeing floating point errors, the traversal function
returning cells _outside_ the domain, that sort of
madness. Same code is fine in gcc-7 and clang ...

Anyone else seeing issues with libgfs (in particular
Ubuntu libgfs-1.3-2) and gcc-8?

Thanks in advance

Jim
--