[Gfs-users] Unable to create a code

Uday Rade via Gfs-users

Jun 28, 2021, 3:44:37 PM6/28/21
to gfs-...@lists.sourceforge.net, Uday Rade
Hi,

I am a beginner to Gerris software.

I am trying to type a simple code: "Sample Code: box", but I am getting a response with a command not found. I have attached a screenshot. Please let me know what I can do.

Thank you.
Warm regards.
Screenshot (276).png

Stephane Zaleski

Jun 28, 2021, 4:08:27 PM6/28/21
to GFS users discussion list
Dear Uday

   I recommend you use basilisk (http://basilisk.fr) instead.

   Hope it helps,

Stéphane Zaleski

Uday Rade via Gfs-users

Jun 28, 2021, 4:19:20 PM6/28/21
to GFS users discussion list, Uday Rade

Stéphane Zaleski

Jun 29, 2021, 2:08:14 AM6/29/21
to GFS users discussion list
Dear Uday,

   If you insist on using Gerris, you should first learn and practice the basics of the linux operating system and perhaps of C programming.

   Hope it helps

Stéphane Zaleski

Uday Rade via Gfs-users

Jun 29, 2021, 4:25:32 PM6/29/21
to GFS users discussion list, Uday Rade
Hi Stephane,

Now, I am getting this message if I try to run a code:
gerris: file `vorticityone.gfs' is not a valid simulation file
'orticityone.gfs:1:39: unknown keyword `

Could you comment on this? It'll be highly appreciated.

Thank you.