Global Climate Governance @ Yale Summer Sessions 1 (May 27-June 28, 2024)

Detlef Sprinz

Apr 9, 2024, 5:49:13 PMApr 9
to gep...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues

as the end of the teaching term is approaching, perhaps your students in environmental political science look for a suitable course in the summer sessions.  I am teaching an undergraduate seminar in the Yale Summer Sessions on

Global Climate Governance (Session 1: May 27-June 28, 2024)

This seminar provides an overview of global climate governance, incl. overarching conceptual frameworks, a variety of empirical subdomains, interlinkages with other policy fields, and central challenges encountered in global climate governance. Using a portfolio approach to examinations, students will prepare a range of individual and group assignments throughout the semester.

For more detailed information, the syllabus can be found at
https://summer.yale.edu/sites/default/files/files/Syllabi/2024/PLSC%20S143%20-%20EVST%20S234.pdf

The course includes presentations of the literature, a Parliamentary-style debate on global climate policy, and testing out new ideas to solve global climate challenges.  This year, we will also attend the Yale Innovation Summit, esp. its sessions on climate change, to round off the experience.

Registration is via https://apply.summer.yale.edu/apply

and general information about the Yale Summer Sessions can be found at https://summer.yale.edu .

If students have course-specific questions, they can contact me directly.

I would be grateful if you could circulate an email to interested students.

Best regards,
Detlef

Detlef F. Sprinz, Ph.D.
Professor — Potsdam Institute (PIK) & University of Potsdam

PIK - Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
+49 (331) 288-2555
d...@pik-potsdam.de
www.sprinz.org
global climate governance poster_2024 (external).pdf