Open Letter on the Environmental Dimensions of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine (DEADLINE TO SIGN ON: Thursday, March 3)

Stacy VanDeveer

Mar 3, 2022, 3:29:51 PM3/3/22
to Gep-Ed

ACT NOW if you want to sign.

From: <environmental...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Carl Bruch <br...@eli.org>
Date: Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 3:28 PM
To: Environmental Peacebuilding <environmental...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Open Letter on the Environmental Dimensions of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine (DEADLINE TO SIGN ON: Thursday, March 3)

EXTERNAL SENDER

Dear all,

Thank you for the wonderful turnout!  We have 844 signatures.  One last call -- can we get 156 more in the next 4.5 hours???

This will be my last email on the open letter.

Thank you all!

Carl

On Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 7:36:17 AM UTC-5 Carl Bruch wrote:

Dear all,

There are 12 hours left to sign the open letter on the environmental dimensions of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.  At this moment, we have 570 signatures.  That is great for 2 1/2 days!  I know there are more out there, though, who would like to sign.

If you have signed, thank you.

If you have not signed, please read and consider signing.

And please help us get the word out!

Many thanks!

Warm regards,
Carl

On Monday, February 28, 2022 at 6:55:07 PM UTC-5 Carl Bruch wrote:

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am writing to invite you to sign on to an open letter on the environmental dimensions of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.  The letter and a link to the sign on form is available here: https://www.environmentalpeacebuilding.org/news/announcements/show/NewsItem-5531The sign-on deadline is this Thursday, March 3, at 8 pm EST, with a planned release on Friday.

For those who are interested, Carroll Muffett and I developed this letter with extensive input from partners in Ukraine, the Board of the Environmental Peacebuilding Association, and the Environment and Conflict Working Group (and especially Doug Weir and Wim Zwijnenburg). The letter was initially envisioned as a solidarity statement for members of environmental peacebuilding community, but as you can see in the attached link, we have drawn heavily on its broader implications for international law, human rights, and the environment.

I hope you will consider signing on.

Also, please share the letter with other partners and communities that might find it of interest.

Warm regards,
Carl