Time and climate movements

Graeme Hayes

Nov 14, 2022, 9:48:21 AM11/14/22
to GEP-Ed List

Hi all, we have a four article collection now out in South Atlantic Quarterly that might interest folk working on the new (western) climate movements.

Hopefully they will be particularly useful for class (the articles are relatively short at 4000 words each, speak to different sides of the same issue, and are maybe a little provocative – certainly we are trying to be thought-provoking).

All four articles are open access.

The collection is here (for now at least): Advance Publication | South Atlantic Quarterly | Duke University Press (dukeupress.edu)

And the articles are:

Joost de Moor. Introduction: What Moment for Climate Activism?

Graeme Hayes, Sherilyn MacGregor. Taking Political Time: Thinking Past the Emergency Timescapes of the New Climate Movements.

Anneleen Kenis. A Race Against the Clock?: On the Paradoxes of Acting “Now” in the Climate Struggle.

Louise Knops. The Fear We Feel Everyday: Affective Temporalities in Fridays for Future.

Best wishes and solidarity to all,

Graeme

Dr Graeme Hayes

Reader in Political Sociology

Head of Department of Sociology and Policy

School of Social Sciences and Humanities, Aston University, UK

Editor, Environmental Politics

Consulting Editor, Social Movement Studies

Fellow, Centre for the Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity

he/him