Environmental Studies teaching opportunity for fall

John M Meyer

Jun 18, 2024, 12:04:33 PMJun 18
to env-pol-theory, GEP-Ed List, Climate Social Science Network Discussion Group
Dear Colleagues,

We have a last minute opening for someone to teach an array of courses in our cutting-edge environmental studies department this coming academic year, here at Cal Poly Humboldt on California's North Coast. Please share.

While this is a temporary/lectureship position, there is the possibility of a tenure-line search in the coming year. I'm not involved in the selection process, but I am available to answer general questions about the department, university, area, etc.

Best,
John

--

John M. Meyer | Professor and University Ombuds

Department of Politics | Affiliate: Environment and Community; Environmental Studies

One Harpst St. |  Arcata, CA 95521 USA

Office: Founders Hall138  |  Phone: +1 707.826.4497

he/him

Newest publications: Cal Poly Humboldt

"The People" and Climate Justice: Reconceptualizing Populism and Pluralism within Climate Politics, Polity, 2024.

Thinking about Hope, Vision, and Mobilization with Darrel Moellendorf's Mobilizing Hope, Ethics, Policy, & Environment, 2024.

Power and Truth in Science-Related Populism: Rethinking the Role of Knowledge and Expertise in Climate Politics, Political Studies, 2023.

Experimentalism and its alternatives: toward viable strategies for transformative change and sustainability, Sustainability: Science, Practice and Policy, 2023.