Call for Papers: EPG Conference, University of Glasgow, 11-13 July 2023

pbay...@googlemail.com

Dec 5, 2022, 9:43:26 AM12/5/22
to gep...@googlegroups.com

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

Dear colleagues,

I am delighted to share the Call for Papers for the 9th Annual Environmental Politics and Governance (EPG) Conference, which will be hosted at the University of Glasgow, 11-13 July 2023. Building on the success of previous conferences in Seattle, Zurich, Bloomington, Stockholm, Santa Barbara, Oslo, and State College, we request proposals for papers that address important or innovative theoretical ideas with rigorous quantitative or qualitative research designs in all areas of research on the economic, policy, and political aspects of climate change, energy, and the environment. The main goals of the conference are to showcase the best research on environmental politics and governance from across relevant disciplines and to provide a venue for scholars to strengthen their networks and shape future research directions. As in previous year, the conference host will provide (shared) accommodation for participants without access to own travel funds and will cover local food expenses for all attendees.

Please find the full CfP and submission details attached. The deadline for an extended and anonymous 1,000 word abstract that outlines the research question, theory, data, and methods, along with the contributions to the field of environmental politics and governance is 31 January 2023. All submissions undergo double blind review and acceptance decisions will be communicated by 1 March 2023.

Please do share widely and with colleagues who may find the CfP of interest. We value and seek to foster the diversity in the discipline, so we especially encourage applications from female scholars as well as disabled and ethnic minority colleagues.

You can contact the conference organizing team via email (epg.confe...@gmail.com) or by visiting the EPG website (https://epgnetwork.org/).

All the best,

Patrick, conference host

(on behalf of the EPG steering committee)

Dr Patrick Bayer

Reader, School of Government & Public Policy

Chancellor's Fellow, Centre for Energy Policy

University of Strathclyde

McCance Building, 415

Web: https://www.patrickbayer.com/

Twitter: @pol_economist