COP27 and China (open-access commentary)

HARRIS, Paul [SSC]

Nov 26, 2022, 12:49:39 AM11/26/22
to Gep-Ed
Dear GEP-Ed colleagues,

If you are having your students discuss COP27 or want them to debate the important role of China in the climate regime, this opinion piece may be useful:

COP27: While suffering countries plead for action on climate change, China stokes its coal furnaces

Kind regards,

PAUL G. HARRIS
Chair Professor of Global & Environmental Studies

NOTICE: Hong Kong's 'national security' law is in effect globally. Anyone suspected of violating the law is subject to arrest and imprisonment in Hong Kong without the right to bail or trial by jury. Many people have been arrested under the law, while others are being arrested under colonial-era subversion laws. Statements and actions that are commonplace and protected by law in other countries are now unlawful here. Do not send any messages to me that express any views regarding Chinese sovereignty or control over any territory, or that could even remotely be considered to be subversive of the Chinese or Hong Kong governments. If in doubt about whether your message might violate the law, do not send it to me.

100+ journal articles and book chapters here.

©2022 This email, its contents and attachments are subject to copyright protections. All rights reserved.

Please consider the environmental implications before saving and/or printing this email.