Potential network of pollution-focused scholars

Jennifer Allan

Nov 28, 2022, 11:49:27 AM11/28/22
to GEPED
Hello GEPED-ers,

There are negotiations underway (just) on establishing a science-policy panel for pollution: think of an IPCC for chemicals and wastes. Much is up in the air - notably the scope. But one thing seems clear already - there is far more input and coordination by physical scientists than social scientists on the panel's design, inputs, outputs etc.

I'm thinking of putting together a loose network of social scientists (broadly construed) interested in chemicals, wastes, or pollution more generally - the overall aim will be to coordinate our work in a way that responds and provides input to this panel.

If you have any experience in this sort of thing, I'd welcome any input. I'm certain that I don't know what I'm getting myself into.

All the best,
Jen