Out of Memory while creating assembly in spark-etl

Kunal Shah

Jan 13, 2017, 12:05:30 PM1/13/17
to geotrellis-user
Hey Rob,

I am trying to ingest a tiff file from my local file system into a catalog. So far i have managed to install all tools required, and as per the geo-trellis site, I am trying to build the assembly with the help of sbt "project spark-etl assembly", but it gives me a CG Out Of Memory Exception, and i am not able to build the jar file. What can i do to avoid the error? I did some research but no solutions worked for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to all of this, and its only been a week since i started with spark, scala, and geotrellis. Thanks in advance.

Robert Cheetham

Jan 13, 2017, 2:28:27 PM1/13/17
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com

In addition, the GeoTrellis Gitter channel is quite active and might be another good resource:  https://gitter.im/geotrellis/geotrellis