Cache GeoTiff to read the value at a point

TechMaster

May 7, 2019, 5:27:26 AM5/7/19
to geotrellis-user
Requirement is to read the raster image and get the elevation value at a point.  There is around 100 images for million of points data.

Currently we are iterating points data using RDD and loading tiff image, am reading the Geotiff image(val geoTiff: SinglebandGeoTiff = GeoTiffReader.readSingleband(bytes);)

 val elevation: Double = geoTiff.raster.getDoubleValueAtPoint(point)

Is there any way to cache these images and refer those instead of loading the images for each point data.  Currently I am reading duplicate images also million of times=number of records in txt file.