Kriging Dataset

Vishal Anand

Jul 9, 2015, 4:30:53 PM7/9/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can someone point me to a Kriging dataset?

If it is a natural data, it would be very great! (Such as rainfall, porosity, soil-density, atmosphere-concentration, etc. )
Or if someone has some dataset they have used for Kriging in the past, could you please share?

I require them in relation with development of Kriging Interpolation for GeoTrellis.

Thanks
Vishal Anand

Rob Emanuele

Jul 9, 2015, 4:58:37 PM7/9/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Cordivano
Hi Vishal,

I sent this out to colleagues of mine at Azavea, and got this fortunate response from Sarah Cordivano, our data guru:

"How Funny, I just did an interpolation class for a client. Here are the materials (ph.ly/landvaldata). Click the interpolation folder and download the LandValSample CSV. This is a sample of 5200 properties with their land value per square foot of parcel. It works great for interpolation.  There is a $ Land Value per Sq Ft field as well as lat/longs."

There's a PDF contained in that folder that goes over the method of creating the data set and a tutorial on interpolation. Let me know if you have trouble getting to it.

Meanwhile, Robert Cheetham is working with a 3 1/2 floppy disk that's included in an old geostatistics book to try to get another data set, complete with it's own unzip utility that only works on 16-bit windows :)

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,
Rob

Rob Emanuele, Tech Lead, GeoTrellis

Azavea |  340 N 12th St, Ste 402, Philadelphia, PA
rema...@azavea.com  | T 215.701.7692  | F 215.925.2663
Web azavea.com  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs  | Twitter @azavea

Sarah Cordivano

Jul 9, 2015, 5:03:37 PM7/9/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
In case you are wondering, here is the specific text that relates to the source of the data. A full tutorial of how interpolation functions is also included in the google drive (ph.ly/landvaldata)

Notes about Data & Source Files:

We’ll need to obtain parcel size in order to create Land Valuation per Square Foot of parcel size.  Philadelphia’s Department of Records is the only agency that maintains official figures on parcel size (derived from registered property deeds).  However, the DOR Parcels lack a consistent common identifier to be joined with the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Property Assessment Valuation table. Because of this we will use the OPA Valuation table and join it to a reliable parcel database (PWD Parcels) by common identifier.  The size of the parcel will be calculated from the area of the Parcel shapefile. Because we are using an unofficial parcel file to calculate parcel size, this data is suitable for experimental processes but the land valuation per square foot of parcel size is not official and should not be considered a legal property assessment value.

Additionally, to replicate a scenario where we have available to us only a finite sampling of data, we’ll create a subset of the 522,000 parcel points with non-zero land valuations.  To do this, I used a free tool “Sampling Tool” to create a randomized subset.   This tool can be used to take a percentage or a precise sample of a total dataset.  I used 1% which provided sufficient coverage of Philadelphia and was also dense enough to show small neighborhood variation.

 Data Source: This data is derived from OPA Property Land Value Assessments divided by Parcel Square Footage for Parcels with recorded non-zero Land Values and non-zero footage.  You can find the source files that were used to make the sample set below:

OPA Property Assessment Data (Table with BRT Parcel ID and Latitude/Longitude of Parcel Centroid)

PWD Parcel Shapefile

Download Data

Parcel Land Value Assessment per Square Foot (Sample Data)

Download it here: ph.ly/landvaldata

Sarah

Robert Cheetham

Jul 9, 2015, 5:12:18 PM7/9/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Vishal,

Here are a couple of files you might potentially test with that related to natural features:

These are used in a spatial statistics class taught by Tony Smith at the Univ of Pennsylvania.

Robert

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Vishal Anand <anand.vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Vishal Anand

Jul 10, 2015, 4:49:01 AM7/10/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Rob, Sarah, Robert

    Thank you so much for the datasets. It is a really great help!

Robert Cheetham

Jul 12, 2015, 5:27:16 PM7/12/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Vishal,

Please find attached another data set in shapefile format that might also be used for testing.  This includes both elevation and population columns that could be used.

Robert

kriging-test-elevation.zip

mohamm...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2019, 8:18:15 AM4/18/19
to geotrellis-user
Hello , I am having trouble in getting  the file of kriging dataset and the tutorial , I know it was on 2015 but I need this file ..Thank you

Eugene Cheipesh

Apr 18, 2019, 12:50:07 PM4/18/19
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Sent off mailing list.