Did we reach a conclusion?

Brett Antonides

Mar 28, 2012, 8:33:48 AM3/28/12
to geospatial-mobile-da...@googlegroups.com
I noticed the discussions have tapered off.  Does this mean we've come to an agreement and everyone's now getting to work?

Brett

Jeff Yutzler

Mar 28, 2012, 9:59:07 AM3/28/12
to geospatial-mobile-da...@googlegroups.com
No, it just means that people have stopped responding.

Take 2...

To me the question is what is the level of interoperability that is useful to the community.  I think what Sandro is getting at is that the power of SpatiaLite is in its spatial indexing and that in his humble opinion the spatial indices are useless without the code that goes with them.  My question to the developer community is whether you agree - would you ever want / need the ability to go outside of the SpatiaLite APIs to access the spatial indices?  If you do think outside access is important, then we must standardize the file format including the structure of the spatial indices.

If access outside the SpatiaLite API is not important then we can just do as Paul R. suggests,
You don't need to define
a format, it's an API-level problem, and the API is already defined by
a third party. So shut down this list and get to work, right?

Can we answer this question today?  If we can't answer this question, then what do we have to do (requirements analysis, experimentation, etc.) in order to answer it?
-Jeff

--
Jeff Yutzler
Image Matters LLC