WCS

nmtoken

Jan 30, 2012, 12:14:48 PM1/30/12
to Geoshield project
I've just been passed a link to GeoShield as a possible solution for
restricting access to some of our WCS service content.

I see that (WMS, WFS, WPS, SOS) are listed as supported, will the
software work for WCS too

thanks

James

Milan Antonovic

Feb 1, 2012, 3:45:14 AM2/1/12
to geoshiel...@googlegroups.com
Up to now there are not yet planning about extending security for WCS.
But using GeoServer 2.1.x with the GeoShield Plugin there are good probability that the WCS security could work, but actually has not been tested.

In these days I am working to finalise the 1.0 stable version of GeoShield, I can try to run a test with WCS, and than I will post here the results.

regards

-- Milan

--
GeoShield mailing lisl
geoshiel...@googlegroups.com

nmtoken

Feb 9, 2012, 9:11:04 AM2/9/12
to Geoshield project
Hi Milan,

Thanks for replying, we're testing WCS version 2.0.0 services using
PetaScope and MapServer at the moment, so I think that GeoShield is
unlikely to be the solution for us in the short term.

Regards

James