Testing geoshield

yjacolin

Jan 20, 2011, 5:08:58 AM1/20/11
to Geoshield project
Hello,

I am testing GeoShield and I get this error when using a
getcapabilities request (with the demo service):

url: http://localhost:8080/geoshield/wms/demo?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=getcapabilities
error:

The resource did not process correctly

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
ch.supsi.ist.geoshield.wms.WMSShield.doAfterProcessing(WMSShield.java:
279)
at ch.supsi.ist.geoshield.wms.WMSShield.doFilter(WMSShield.java:412)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
235)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at ch.supsi.ist.geoshield.wms.WmsButler.doFilter(WmsButler.java:125)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
235)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at ch.supsi.ist.geoshield.shields.UserShield.doFilter(UserShield.java:
171)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
235)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
233)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
191)
at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:
465)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
127)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
102)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
109)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
298)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:
489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Regards,

Y.

Milan Antonovic

Jan 24, 2011, 4:22:49 AM1/24/11
to geoshiel...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I tried to reproduce your error, it seems there is something wrong in the WMS getCapabilities response.
Could you please give me some more info, like:
 - Are you using GeoServer as WMS service?
 - Witch version are you using?
 - Does GeoServer works correctly?
 - If you make the same request directly to GeoServer does it respond correctly? -> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=getcapabilities
 - If it works correctly could you show me the getCapabilities response from your GeoServer?

regards

  Milan A.

yjacolin

Jan 26, 2011, 11:19:54 AM1/26/11
to Geoshield project
Hello,

On 24 jan, 10:22, Milan Antonovic <milan.antono...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I tried to reproduce your error, it seems there is something wrong in the
> WMS getCapabilities response.
> Could you please give me some more info, like:
>  - Are you using GeoServer as WMS service?
yes
>  - Witch version are you using?
GeoServer 2.1-beta1 (hum quiet hold and a beta release)
>  - Does GeoServer works correctly?
yes I use it for some small project
>  - If you make the same request directly to GeoServer does it respond
> correctly? ->http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST...
yes
>  - If it works correctly could you show me the getCapabilities response from
> your GeoServer?

outch seems something odd with gs after all! Sorry I will check this.

I propose a new feature: allow exception to be send to the client ;)

FYI I write an article on my blog about geoShield:
http://georezo.net/blog/geolibre/2011/01/27/geoshield-gerer-les-acces-a-vos-services-web-ogc/

Thanks,

Y.