GeoScript Releases for GeoTools 23

jericks

May 19, 2020, 10:17:07 PM5/19/20
to GeoScript
Hi all!

I just wanted to announce releases for the groovy, javascript, and python implementations of GeoScript for GeoTools 23.

GeoScript Groovy - 1.15.0

GeoScript Python - 1.6.0

GeoScript JavaScript - 1.2.0

The GeoScript web site is also back online at https://geoscript.net and is hosted on GitHub pages and kept up to date by TravisCI.  It even has a new logo!

All of the projects are now being built by TravisCI and the GeoServer Jenkins CI server.  All jars are released to the OSGeo maven repository.

I plan on doing group releases like this in the future to keep GeoScript up to date with GeoTools.

Cheers,
Jared

andrea antonello

May 20, 2020, 1:49:31 AM5/20/20
to geos...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Jared,
huge work done here, really!

I have a question, since I thought the python and js parts were dead:
do they cover the same functionalities as the groovy one?

Best,
Andrea
> --

scott bortman

May 20, 2020, 9:04:42 AM5/20/20
to geos...@googlegroups.com
Jared,

Congratulations on another fine release!  Your hard work is so much appreciated.
Can't wait to try out the new CartoBuilder stuff.  :-)

Quick question:  Is there a way to disable a particular workspace from the factories?
I don't have gdalalljni on my mac,  looking into building it.   Just want to prevent it from
trying to use it in the meantime.

Thanks again and can't wait to see what the next release brings.  :-)
--scottie

jericks

May 20, 2020, 7:06:34 PM5/20/20
to GeoScript
Hi Andrea!

We don't have feature parity yet.  My goal recently has been to get the Groovy, Python, and JavaScript implementations on the same version of GeoTools.  We are now in a much better place now because all three projects build, pass their tests, and are hooked up to multiple CI servers.

I want to work on the GeoServer extensions next.  I am also really interested getting the Scala version working again and GraalVM in general (but more on that later).

Cheers
Jared
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to geos...@googlegroups.com
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/geoscript or see http://geoscript.org
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GeoScript" group.

jericks

May 20, 2020, 7:09:37 PM5/20/20
to GeoScript
Hi Scottie!

I am really looking forward to improving the carto package.  I need to work on scale bars next.

I don't know of a way to disable the OGR Workspace entirely, but I would like to work on making it quieter.  It logs a lot of exceptions.

Cheers,
Jared