GeoScript Groovy 1.14.0

jericks

Sep 21, 2019, 3:39:54 PM9/21/19
to GeoScript
Hi all!

I just released GeoScript Groovy 1.14.0.

This release is compatible with GeoTools 22.0 and JTS 1.16.1.

If you are interested in learning about GeoScript Groovy, the cookbook is a good place to start:

or

Cheers,
Jared

scottie

Jan 6, 2020, 1:04:15 PM1/6/20
to GeoScript
Jared,

A little late but,  congrats on another release :-)

I'm just getting around to some long needed upgrades and I was wondering
if there is anything special that needs to be done in order to run using JDK 11?

I'm having issues when running a simple script that uses the WFS workspace:

import geoscript.workspace.WFS

def wfs = new WFS(wfsEndpoint)

wfs.layers.sort { it.name }.each {
    println "${it.name}: ${it.count()}"
}

wfs?.close()

Which causes the following stacktrace:

Caught: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/jai/Interpolation
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/jai/Interpolation
at org.geotools.data.util.InterpolationConverterFactory.createConverter(InterpolationConverterFactory.java:60)
at org.geotools.util.Converters.convert(Converters.java:149)
at org.geotools.util.Converters.convert(Converters.java:119)
at org.geotools.xsd.impl.AttributeEncodeExecutor.visit(AttributeEncodeExecutor.java:67)
at org.geotools.xsd.impl.BindingWalker$BindingExecutionChain.execute(BindingWalker.java:227)
at org.geotools.xsd.impl.BindingWalker.walk(BindingWalker.java:186)
at org.geotools.xsd.impl.BindingVisitorDispatch.walk(BindingVisitorDispatch.java:65)
at org.geotools.xsd.impl.ElementEncoder.encode(ElementEncoder.java:95)
at org.geotools.xsd.Encoder.encode(Encoder.java:1210)
at org.geotools.xsd.Encoder.encode(Encoder.java:1199)
at org.geotools.xsd.Encoder.encode(Encoder.java:939)
at org.geotools.xsd.Encoder.encode(Encoder.java:552)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.AbstractWFSStrategy.getPostContents(AbstractWFSStrategy.java:751)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSRequest.performPostOutput(WFSRequest.java:179)
at org.geotools.data.ows.AbstractOpenWebService.internalIssueRequest(AbstractOpenWebService.java:421)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSClient.internalIssueRequest(WFSClient.java:329)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.internal.WFSClient.issueRequest(WFSClient.java:369)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.WFSFeatureSource.getCountInternal(WFSFeatureSource.java:178)
at org.geotools.data.store.ContentFeatureSource.getCount(ContentFeatureSource.java:466)
at org.geotools.data.FeatureSource$getCount.call(Unknown Source)
at geoscript.layer.Layer.count(Layer.groovy:366)
at geoscript.layer.Layer$count$0.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
at geoscript.layer.Layer.count(Layer.groovy:346)
at geoscript.layer.Layer.count(Layer.groovy)
at geoscript.layer.Layer$count.call(Unknown Source)
at newYear$_run_closure2.doCall(newYear.groovy:15)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at newYear.run(newYear.groovy:14)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.media.jai.Interpolation

I'm thinking it has something todo w/the module system as it works fine under JDK 8.   Not sure why it is trying to
pull in JAI stuff for WFS but that I guess that's another story...

Anyways,  if you have any ideas that'd be great.

Take care,
--scottie

scott bortman

Jan 7, 2020, 8:36:33 AM1/7/20
to geos...@googlegroups.com
Jared,

I know I'm responding to my own message but I think I figured it out.   I'm on a mac
and have my JAI jars in /Library/Java/Extension which should be picked up and added
to the classpath automatically.   Guess it doesn't work  in JDK >8?  I'm using Zulu distros
of JDK for each I think.   Not sure if that matters but worth mentioning.

Take care,
--scottie

jericks

Jan 8, 2020, 7:13:51 PM1/8/20
to GeoScript
Hi Scottie!

I am glad you figured this out.  I am still using Java 8 at home and at work, so I can't help with Java 11 testing just yet.

Cheers,
Jared
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to geos...@googlegroups.com

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/geoscript or see http://geoscript.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GeoScript" group.