GeoScript Icons

jericks

May 6, 2020, 11:57:54 PM5/6/20
to GeoScript
Hi all!

I think it would be really cool if GeoScript had an icon and logo.  I am no artist, but I put something together in Inkscape.  Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Jared
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 8.53.55 PM.png
icon_circle.png
logo_geoscript.png

Andrea Aime

May 7, 2020, 2:35:31 AM5/7/20
to geos...@googlegroups.com
Thinking out loud, what about a pencil or fountain pen, and a globe close to the tip, similar to a drop of ink?
Or literally drawing a map, or a graticule... something like this (but clearly, not exactly this, it's just to convey the idea):

image.png

Cheers
Andrea

Regards, Andrea Aime

== GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it ------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

andrea antonello

May 7, 2020, 2:45:17 AM5/7/20
to geos...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I like the idea of something that recalls the processing, like a cog
or something the like.

In the meanwhile Andrea's idea came in and I like the idea. It would
be sure more stylish idea.

Cheers,
Andrea

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 5:57 AM jericks <jared.e...@gmail.com> wrote:

geoscript_test.png

jericks

May 7, 2020, 11:31:53 PM5/7/20
to GeoScript
Hi all!

Thanks for the ideas!  I am going to try to incorporate a gear or pen into the logo.

Cheers,
Jared

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 5:57 AM jericks <jared....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I think it would be really cool if GeoScript had an icon and logo.  I am no artist, but I put something together in Inkscape.  Let me know what you think.
>
> Cheers,
> Jared
>
> --

jericks

May 8, 2020, 12:25:32 AM5/8/20
to GeoScript
All right, let me know what you think about these three icons.  Again, I am no artist, so if some one can do better you will not hurt my feelings.

Cheers,
Jared
icons.png