showing a gis shape

Carlos

Aug 10, 2009, 3:52:54 PM8/10/09
to georuby
Hi,

I start to use GeoRuby, and following the turorial I got some basic
idea. But after export a shape to the mySql, what I need is to open
the table and show the gis object that is represented ( points,
polygons, etc... )

How can I do that?

Thanks.

Andrew Turner

Aug 11, 2009, 2:39:36 PM8/11/09
to georuby
Hi Carlos -

You can use SpatialAdapter - it's an extension to ActiveRecord to
handle geometry columns transparently.

Otherwise you can do: "GeoRuby::SimpleFeatures::Geometry.from_ewkb
(record['geometry_column'])"

Carlos

Aug 12, 2009, 8:47:58 AM8/12/09
to georuby

Thank you I take a look at them.

I have a delphi application, this application creates all the shapes
and handle them. It is a good desktop application.

Now I need a web application and GeoRuby seems to be a good choice,
but I only have a very basic knownledge about rails and ruby. I did
some rails's basic programming but have allways to stop and comeback
to delphi.

So, can you show me more about use the GeoRuby SimpleFeatures, how the
controller and the model handle this?

Thanks a lot.

Andrew Turner

Aug 12, 2009, 11:42:46 AM8/12/09