Who are you?

DANIEL

May 13, 2005, 3:49:38 PM5/13/05
to georges...@googlegroups.com
Where are you from?
My name is Daniel, I am from Mexico and admire this superb writer. My
favorite are "Monsierur Gallet, decedé" and "Le assassin." Which are
yours?

idletalk

Jun 4, 2005, 9:51:02 AM6/4/05
to georges...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am Kajal Das from India. I am sorry I couldn't be online for
sometime, that'swhy this delay in my response. I have read Simenon only
in English translations as I don't know the French language. Among my
favourite Simenons are both Maigret and non-Maigret novels. My
favourite Maigrets are "Maigret at the Crossroads (made into a film by
the great French filmmaker Jean Renoir), Maigret and the Gangster,
Maigret Mystified, Maigret's first case and Maigret loses his temper.
But my most favourite Simenon is a non-Maigret novel, "The Little
Saint", which I think is one of the most poignant novels I have read. I
also like "The Train" very much.