VS CoDE PLUGIN FOR mumps

Sidney Levy

Nov 25, 2019, 4:18:11 AM11/25/19
to George James Software
Does GJ / Serenji have VS Code plugin for GT.M ?

John Murray (GJS)

Nov 26, 2019, 9:16:20 AM11/26/19
to George James Software
Not yet. It's on our roadmap but no timescale assigned.

John

George James

Dec 4, 2019, 5:47:42 AM12/4/19
to George James Software
On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 9:18:11 AM UTC, Sidney Levy wrote:
Does GJ / Serenji have VS Code plugin for GT.M ?

Yes, you can use VSCode with Serenji for editing GT.M and YottaDB sources.  Debugging is not yet available.

Once you have installed the Serenji extension you just need to configure VSCode's file associations so that .m files are registered as "ObjectScript INT".

You can do this by editing your settings file, as below, or via the VSCode user interface.

"files.associations": {
"*.m": "intersystemsobjectscript-int"
}

Doing this will give you syntax colouring, some intellisense, and features like F12 (Go to Definition) which can be used to follow code references.

I expect futures update will add the .m file association automatically, and have more GT.M/YottaDB specific functionality.

George

Sidney Levy

Dec 10, 2019, 4:15:57 AM12/10/19
to George James Software
Thank you George

Mark Sires

Dec 12, 2019, 9:44:06 PM12/12/19
to George James Software
George,
Ignore my post, I found a typo in the file association, it works fine now.
Thanks!
Mark

Mark Sires

Dec 12, 2019, 9:44:07 PM12/12/19
to George James Software
George,
I did this, but still not seeing any syntax coloring on my *.m files.  Do they have to be loaded from a Serenji workspace for this to work? I'm currently loading them from an SSH workspace.

Mark

Mark Sires

Mar 20, 2020, 12:58:41 PM3/20/20
to George James Software
George,
The latest update to VS Code seems to have broken something.  I've lost the coloring of .m files.  The version of VS Code is 1.43.1.  I'm running it on two machines, both were working and now both do not color any more.
Mark

John Murray (GJS)

Mar 20, 2020, 1:10:20 PM3/20/20
to George James Software
Mark,

More likely this has been caused by a recent update of our Serenji extension. We changed our language ids in version 3.1.0, so instead of "intersystemsobjectscript-int" please use "serenji.int"

Let us know how this goes.

Best regards,

John Murray

Mark Sires

Mar 20, 2020, 1:14:11 PM3/20/20
to George James Software
John,
Thanks, that fixed it.  I had just figured it out using the language mode selection on the bottom of the editor.
Mark