Trouble installing Serenji Routines in Namespace

Klimaks

Feb 26, 2015, 4:25:18 AM2/26/15
to george-james-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to evaluate Serenji, but i'm having trouble installing the Cache5.obj in a new SERENJI.namespace.
When I try to import them with D ^%RIMF I get the following error

Error saving routine %SerenjA:
%SerenjA.OBJ : Error : <PROTECT> : you must be in namespace %SYS

What I'm doing wrong? Caché version is 2008.2.2

Gr,

Jo

John Murray (GJS)

Feb 26, 2015, 4:41:15 AM2/26/15
to george-james-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jo,

Assuming you're not using a very old version of Serenji, the information in the product help should contain your answer. To get to the right section, start Serenji. If the Task Guide dialog doesn't appear, launch it from the Help menu. On the Task Guide dialog click "Loading the Server-side Components". This will take you to a page in the built-in help that includes the following text:

Caché or Ensemble 2008.1 or later

Serenji's support routines are named %Serenj*. By default the database from which every namespace seeks %Serenj* routines is CACHELIB, which is mounted read-only. It is also replaced on every upgrade. The following procedure places the routines in a dedicated database, avoiding the need to remount CACHELIB writeable and to reload the routines after Caché upgrades.

  1. Using System Management Portal create a local database to hold the routines, together with a namespace through which to load it. In these steps we name both database and namespace SERENJI, but you can use any name you like.
  2. Define a routine mapping for the SERENJI namespace, directing it to fetch %Serenj* from the SERENJI database.
  3. Define a global mapping for the SERENJI namespace, directing it to access ^%Serenj* in the SERENJI database.
  4. From a terminal prompt in the SERENJI namespace, DO ^%RIMF and load the CACHE5.OBJ file. This file contains %SerenjA.OBJ, %SerenjB.OBJ, %SerenjD.OBJ, %SerenjE.OBJ, %SerenjF.OBJ, %SerenjL.OBJ, %SerenjS.OBJ, %SerenjV.OBJ and %SerenjU.OBJ. If upgrading, make sure you overwrite the existing routines.
  5. From the same prompt, DO ^%RI to load and compile the CACHE.RSA file. This file contains %Serenji.INT. If upgrading, make sure you overwrite the existing routine. Syntax errors can be ignored.
  6. For each namespace that you want to use Serenji in, define a routine mapping that directs the namespace to fetch %Serenj* from the SERENJI database. Also define a global mapping that directs the namespace to acess ^%Serenj* in the SERENJI database.
By following these instructions you should be all set.

I hope this helps. You're also welcome to email our support address for help with Serenji issues. The address is in the "Support" section of the built-in help.

Best wishes,

John Murray
Senior Product Engineer
George James Software