Transparency

tika

Dec 4, 2017, 3:34:23 AM12/4/17
to Georeferencer User Group
Hi folks

Uploading a tiff with transparent background yields a black background in the georeferenced image. Is there a way also have a transparent background in the georeferenced image? See:

Thanks for any hint!

zrh_agc_tempo_clean__grayscale.tiff

philippe

Mar 22, 2018, 6:31:52 AM3/22/18
to Georeferencer User Group
have you been able to figure this out. I am having the same issue,

tim....@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 6:34:09 AM3/27/18
to Georeferencer User Group
no, I gave up...sorry, no better answer.

Petr Pridal

Mar 27, 2018, 11:46:11 AM3/27/18
to georef...@googlegroups.com
Georeferencer does not support transparency on uploaded maps at this moment - it is a feature for one of the future releases.

In the meanwhile, there is a workaround - if you have the data to process feel free to use our MapTiler (https://www.maptiler.com/) which does contain a comfortable interface for visual georeferencing similar to Georeferencer - and it does support transparency out of the box (for data supplied with alpha channel such as transparent PNG or for data where a single color should be turned into transparent).
Hosting of produced maps is possible directly on any web server or even Amazon S3.

Regards,

Petr

Petr Pridal, Ph.D.
CEO

Klokan Technologies GmbH
Hofnerstrasse 98, 6314 Unterageri, Switzerland
Tel: +41 (0)41 511 26 12
Email: in...@klokantech.com
Web: http://www.klokantech.com/