Geopy questions

Liam Kirsher

Oct 28, 2009, 1:22:30 PM10/28/09
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi --

1. I'm noticing mostly what I'm getting on this list is SPAM... Is the
geopy list still operational, or has it been changed, or what?

2. I installed the latest svn version. There seem to be differences
between how Yahoo and Google results are returned.
Yahoo geocode results are returned in a Location object. Google results
are in a tuple, like (name,(lat,lng).
Is there some reason for this? It would be much more convenient to have
them be in the same structure.

3. I tried to use the Google non-API maps facility. This worked a
"little bit" and then started returning errors (with an occasional success).
I suspect this is due to rate throttling or something at Google. A
co-worker thinks this happens at Yahoo, as well. I'm wondering what
others' experience has been with this, and how much of a delay is required.

Thanks,
Liam