ANN: GeoPy 0.94 Released

Calvin Spealman

Mar 7, 2010, 8:25:15 PM3/7/10
to geopy
We are proud to announce that geopy 0.94 is now available for download
at the following locations or via easy_install/pip.

* Project home: http://code.google.com/p/geopy/
* PyPI listing: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/geopy

Project maintenance is now being handled by Calvin Spealman
<ironfroggy
AT gmail.com> and Mike Tigas <mike.tigas AT gmail.com> We would like
thank Brian Beck (exogen) for his work on geopy over the past few
years.

Please report issues on the bug tracker at the project home page.

=============
Major changes

The following changes may affect code using geopy 0.93:

* Print statements have now been replaced with logger calls. This
fixes the long-standing incompatibility with wsgi.

* More descriptive exceptions are now thrown if the Google geocoder
receives an error status from the Google API service. Previously
empty results would always throw a ValueError. Details can be found
at the following document:
http://code.google.com/p/geopy/wiki/Exceptions

A full set of bugfixes and changes can be found in the RELEASES file.