rate limitation

Sonali Aggarwal

Jul 6, 2011, 4:29:40 PM7/6/11
to geopy
Hi,
Does geopy has a rate limitation? (the number of queries that can be
sent) I could not find from the documentation what it is.

Thanks,
Sonali

Luis Quesada

Jul 9, 2011, 9:22:41 AM7/9/11
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sonali,

I think it depends on the geocoder that you use.

For instance, if geopy is relying on Google Maps, the following would apply:

"Use of the Google Geocoding API is subject to a query limit of 2,500
geolocation requests per day. (User of Google Maps API Premier may perform
up to 100,000 requests per day.) "

Cheers,
Luis

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/geocoding/