python-3 version

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa

Apr 26, 2011, 4:43:16 AM4/26/11
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

We're planning to write some PyQt application and use GeoPy and the
question is whether GeoPy works with Python 3 and/or what are plans in
regards?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

signature.asc

Mike Tigas

May 3, 2011, 6:58:36 PM5/3/11
to geopy
Hi Gour,

I just committed revision 149 (the diff: https://github.com/mtigas/geopy/commit/9282560
) that allows a 2to3-converted version of geopy to work and pass the
geocoder backend tests (except DotUS).

I haven’t read up on creating a good Python 3 porting/release process,
but I have set up a Py3k branch in github, available here:
https://github.com/mtigas/geopy/tree/py3k

You can get a tarball of the package here:
https://github.com/mtigas/geopy/tarball/py3k

This branch simply contains the latest trunk version of geopy, after
being converted via 2to3.

Cheers,
--
Mike Tigas
Web Developer

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa

May 6, 2011, 12:19:43 AM5/6/11
to ge...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 3 May 2011 15:58:36 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Tigas <mike....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Mike,

> I just committed revision 149 (the diff:
> https://github.com/mtigas/geopy/commit/9282560 ) that allows a
> 2to3-converted version of geopy to work and pass the geocoder backend
> tests (except DotUS).

Very nice.

> I haven’t read up on creating a good Python 3 porting/release process,
> but I have set up a Py3k branch in github, available here:
> https://github.com/mtigas/geopy/tree/py3k
>
> You can get a tarball of the package here:
> https://github.com/mtigas/geopy/tarball/py3k
>
> This branch simply contains the latest trunk version of geopy, after
> being converted via 2to3.

I'll take a look and try it out...just to finish some
post-installation issues on my PC-BSD.

signature.asc

Feanil Patel

Dec 8, 2012, 12:26:28 PM12/8/12
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I made a pull request to the geopy github page regarding this.  Distribute has a nice feature that will convert your python 2 code to python 3 on the fly so you can have one package that will build on both 2 and 3.  If you have some time, please take a look at it and let me know what you think.

-Feanil